Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Week 1: About Me - Maissoun Ksara

Background:

My name is Maissoun Ksara and I'm in the BS/MS program for civil engineering with a structures concentration. I do not have any experience with Intelligent Buildings, and have a limited background in structural engineering. My two co-ops were in both transportation and construction/project management. I thought this course would be an excellent way for me to learn about what intelligent buildings are, how they are used, and the types of modeling softwares that are used.

Expectations:

For this class, I would like to develop a strong understanding of the technologies used in the design and construction of a building. I also want to expand my knowledge on BIM and how to use it.

Initial definition of "Intelligent Building"
My initial definition of an Intelligent Building is one that incorporates innovative and sustainable tools for design and construction. The building is optimized to include efficient systems (HVAC, lighting) and also be cost effective. I first thought of it as a concept that goes hand in hand with green buildings. However, after watching the lecture videos on robotics, I see that intelligent buildings use advanced technological tools such as robots to actually build a building. I am excited to see what this class entails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.