Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Ray Powell's First Post


I am Ray Powell and I have a background in conventional architectural, mechanical, and structural building design, where I have spent my coop designing buildings and systems within to meet the required codes.  In this course, I expect to further my knowledge and use of BIM and database software to more easily, efficiently design buildings and the associated systems.  Using these tools benefits the designer greatly and allows the ability to create an intelligent building, which does more than the traditional, conventional buildings.  An intelligent building should be one, which uses sensors to collect data input from inhabitants and exposed environments, inside and out, to adapt and react to meet the building’s requirements, ensuring that the space best benefits the inhabitants to succeed at their desired tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.