Student blog entries for the course "Intelligent Buildings" at Drexel University's College of Engineering.
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Brennan Connolly - Introduction
My name is Brennan Connolly and I am an undergraduate senior Architectural Engineering major working on my concentration in Digital Building. This means I have taken a few courses in the information department at Drexel that relate to databases and information technology which are key concepts in intelligent buildings. In this class I expect to expand my knowledge on newer technologies that are being used in the construction industry, I expect to learn more about databases and how to utilize them in an efficient manner, lastly I expect to utilize this blog to document the progress I make as I learn new concepts throughout the class. I believe the words, "Intelligent Building", describe the next generation of structures and how they are created. They are buildings that are created with advanced robotic systems, and they are buildings that utilize sensors to control systems such as the HVAC systems and lighting systems to adapt to the environment that surrounds them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.