My name is Joe Dressel, I am a senior Civil Engineering Student and my concentration is construction management.
I have almost no experience with BIM or databases. However, I just completed a two-week internship with Whiting-Turner over the winter break, and the project I was on did have a BIM model of the structure. I found it fascinating that I was able to see what the final outcome would be, as well as seeing where all of the mechanical systems were. My previous co-op did not use BIM, and it is easy to see how it could be implemented to make the project run more efficiently. I can also understand why it was probably not used because we were building around existing infrastructure and many components of which were not on any existing plans.
I expect to get out of this class a good understanding how to use BIM in the workplace as well as how it can be used to increase the efficiency of buliding construction. I am also hoping to become proficient with the software, which will help me in finding a job after graduation. I am also interested to see how databases will be used as I have never really worked with them.
My initial definition of an intelligent building is a building that uses sensors and computer systems to alert the building manager of any problems, as well as controlling to the climate controls, security systems, etc.
I have almost no experience with BIM or databases. However, I just completed a two-week internship with Whiting-Turner over the winter break, and the project I was on did have a BIM model of the structure. I found it fascinating that I was able to see what the final outcome would be, as well as seeing where all of the mechanical systems were. My previous co-op did not use BIM, and it is easy to see how it could be implemented to make the project run more efficiently. I can also understand why it was probably not used because we were building around existing infrastructure and many components of which were not on any existing plans.
I expect to get out of this class a good understanding how to use BIM in the workplace as well as how it can be used to increase the efficiency of buliding construction. I am also hoping to become proficient with the software, which will help me in finding a job after graduation. I am also interested to see how databases will be used as I have never really worked with them.
My initial definition of an intelligent building is a building that uses sensors and computer systems to alert the building manager of any problems, as well as controlling to the climate controls, security systems, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.