My definition of an intelligent building has to do with the optimization of different components of a building, which can result in a more cost-effective, environmentally friendly and more efficient building design. Many components of a building (including structure and architecture) need to work together and have an interrelationship that will result in an improved and connected building, which can provide flexible space design and increased comfort and productivity.
I find the topic of "intelligent buildings" truly fascinating, because I believe that the improved technologies will keep being implemented into the buildings of the future. I believe that learning and being up to date with the newest technologies, is very important for a well-rounded engineer because it can guide his/her designs into an innovative and efficient path by solving problems that haven't been solved before.
My background as a structural-engineer-to-be is very closely related to the topic of intelligent buildings, because structure and the selection of the proper structural system plays a major role in the way a building performs.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.