Introduction
Hello and welcome to my first blog post. I do not have any background in intelligent building, but am very curious about the topic. I am an environmental engineering 4th year and have not had any exposure to intelligent buildings in any of my classes or through real world experiences, but was intrigued by the course description and videos shown to us in class.
Expectations
I expect to learn how to model a building, how sensors are used in a building to collect and process data from the building's environment, and how this data is used in a database to make the building function in a desired manner.
Initial Definition
My initial definition of an "Intelligent Building" is "a building that takes in stimuli from the environment, uses sensors to process the stimuli, and adapts the building's current conditions to make the building as comfortable and safe as possible based on the stimuli process." The best example I can think of as an example of an "Intelligent Building" are Smart Homes, or homes in which all the appliances are interconnected and can communicate and interact with one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.