Student blog entries for the course "Intelligent Buildings" at Drexel University's College of Engineering.
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Week 1 First Post - Arthur
My name is Arthur McCloskey, and I am a structural concentration in the BS/MS program. I have not necessarily had a lot of Intelligent Building background, excluding BIM, but I am going into the construction industry after graduation, so I am hoping to come out of the course better prepared for how these concepts may affect the management and process in my field. I would define an "Intelligent Building" as a construction that is built to anticipate and respond to changing demand, rather than simply reacting, and is built to maximize productivity of the occupants, owners, contractors, and engineers involved from conception to the end of its life cycle.
Labels:
BIM,
blog,
Intelligent Building,
Mccloskey,
Week1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.