My name is Taryn Francischetti and I am a junior BS/MS student with undergraduate AE and graduate CIVE. My concentration is in structures. The background I have relevant to Intelligent Buildings is mostly relevant from my previous co-ops. My first co-op consisted of installing upgraded equipment and technology into and older building such as the HVAC system. My second co-op was a structural design co-op. This is where I gained more experience in BIM modelling in order to create and present construction documents.
My expectations for this class are mainly to further my skill's in BIM modelling as well as databases. I expect that this class will teach me a great deal about the future of buildings such as how buildings could be constructed with the use of robotics or how eventually some pieces of buildings could eventually be 3D printed.
My initial definition of an Intelligent Building is a building that is constructed in a non-traditional manner in order to create a more efficient building in construction and use.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.