Why it was chosen
I chose to do my project on the use of Building Information Modeling throughout the lifecycle of a building. Ever since I learned about BIM and how to use a few of the programs, all I have wanted to do was learn more and more about it. Computer technology is extremely important to me, as I plan on going into design engineering. I want to learn more about how they advance past what I will be doing, and be able to teach others how they can use it.
How it relates to Intelligent Buildings
Intelligent buildings is showing the use of building models, not just in design, but everything. This is important because the use of BIM can be extremely helpful to more than just the design of a building.Showing how this model can be used in construction and use of the building can prove that the cost to train designers on the new software is not a waste. With showing the ways a model can be used, I believe more companies will begin using BIM.
Challenges
This will be challenging to get into the details of the programs, but I will focus on specific reasons why it is good and stick to them specifically. Preventative maintenance, energy efficiency, and lifecycle management are the main topics I plan to cover.
Comments
Nick:
Being able to see what and where the families are stored in your revit project sounds awesome. Being able to automatically export this data would serve as a very important role for Revit use. I can’t wait to see the finished product.
Joseph:
Creating a three dimensional mobile surveying system sounds so useful. To no longer have any crazy equipment to drag around and the details this could hold pretty much shows how advanced the construction industry can get with technology.
Peter:
I would love to read a paper on the use of AI in construction. I never really understood why the use of AI would be so important or possible. Seeing how this can potentially work and advance will be an interesting paper to read.
Kerianne,
ReplyDeleteI am interested in seeing your presentation of this project. I am interested in seeing your research in the use of BIM after the hand off to the owner.