Tuesday, February 7, 2017

B4 - Project - Revit Macros

Not long time ago I learned the fact that macros cannot only be used in office tools like MS Excel, but they can also be applied in engineering or architectural drafting tools, and Revit is one of the tools. During my last co-op, I used Revit heavily everyday throughout the architectural design phase of a project, and there were many repetitive tasks in drafting, but at that time I was not familiar with Revit macros, otherwise macros would save me much time and eliminate the “boring” part of the job.

A macro is a pattern that states how a specific input sequence should be organized to a replacement output sequence with the reference to a defined procedure. In Revit, macros are written with API. In Ms. Kayleigh Houde’s presentation, she mentioned the idea of API (Application Programming Interface), and it was reintroduced by Prof. Mitchell as an example of future potentials of Revit.


(TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.