Tuesday, February 7, 2017

B4-Individual Project-Yang

Project 

The project I chose is to create a database to support my senior design. In my senior design project, group wants to build a Net Zero Environment Education Center in Glen Fored Historical Park. To achieve the net zero goal, several different systems need to work together. And each system will contain several different kinds of equipment. It’s a huge work to collect the data, organize the data and analysis the data. Also, the database will help us to track the information we need very quick from great amount of information.

Why Chosen

I read a article about database. I remembered one sentence clearly “Personal computing changed America, the Internet changed the world, but Big Data is about to transform the world. Big Data will drive our technological development for the next hundred years.” The big data will help people make decision, innovate, or value products. When I design a building, I properly can’t make any decision without the research information support. Like if I didn’t search the yearly rainwater data, I can’t design the rainwater collection system. Because I feel like that the data is so important for the design, I want to go further to this topic. And I have issue right now to organize my senior design data. I choose to design a database to help me to collect, track and analysis the data.

Relation to IB

Database is a foundation to the intelligent building. All the smart systems in the intelligent building will have their database. For example, in my database, I will have the data of mechanical system and the data of sensors system. When the mechanical system receives the data from sensors system, it will adjust its work to change temperature or humidity or other related things.

Challenges

There are two biggest challenges for me to finish this project. One is the logic and another one is relationship. I need to have a clear and continued logic to create the database and write the codes because I have too much massive data. I am a little confused when I wrote the outline. Another one is the relationship. I should find the relationship between different systems to make them work together.

Sources


Comments

Mridul: (https://ae-410-510-ay16-17.blogspot.com/2017/02/week-4-project-mridul-pareek.html) It’s so cool for you want to do the research about the Structural health monitoring which does the doctor thing for a building's health. It is a new technology that check and upload the information about the building's condition. I like your idea because most people think the intelligent building is only for the new building or the innovation. But few of people will pay attention about the existing building. I believe that the structure health monitoring will keep the building safety and increase the building life.

Paulina: (https://ae-410-510-ay16-17.blogspot.com/) I like your project about the BIM and Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) can be used to develop more sustainable projects. Both BIM and the sustainable architecture are the popular topics in the future. It is so good that you combine them and to do the research. You are right that construction generates the largest amount of waste, and represents the heaviest use of resources and energy compared to other industries. Using BIM and LCA might save the energy and resources.

Abdullatif: (https://ae-410-510-ay16-17.blogspot.com/2017/02/abdullatif-alkandari-b4-week4.html) The robotics and AI are very interesting topic. Also, I like your relation to intelligent building which maximize the efficiency of A.I. and robotics in construction sites as well as their roles in manufacturing building materials. I believe this topic will be a popular topic in the future.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.