Tuesday, February 7, 2017

B4 - Singh, Prahlad

My Project
I am planning on writing a paper regarding the future of droned construction in the field of Civil engineering. I am planning to look into the current state of the drones and how technology is improving and the direction in which it is heading and what we can hope to achieve in the coming years.
Why it was chosen
After reading one of the blog posts earlier in the term it really caught my curiosity and I wanted to research more into the topic. On reading some more into the topic I found it was very vast and there was a lot of scope for research within the field. Also with me planning on joining the construction field in some capacity, it will be directly involved with what I will be doing on the job in the future, thus it will help me get a better idea on what is yet to come.
Relation to Intelligent Buildings
Intelligent buildings as discussed in class are buildings that are self-sufficient. Drones will, in the future, be operated by AI and once the AI is capable of being fully self-sufficient the building process will be in essence intelligent. As the AI reach its peak we will be able to see buildings being produced from scratch by AI all the way through the construction phase and maybe even the interiors, but there is no saying on when this will be achieved by though.
Challenges
The challenges faced will be the fact of actually reaching the stage of a fully functional AI in term of creating and then constructing a structure without external help. Another challenge I can see is predicting a correct timeline for future inventions and when they will be fully integrated within the construction field.

Comments to others
Mridul: I find this is an interesting topic. Using wireless sensors this will help reduce the chance of injuries also while still providing a sound check up of the structure.
Ksara: I am really interested in your topic. To be honest I never really looked at it like this. It is an interesting notion that even while the two concepts overlap, there is a difference and that they do not in fact promotes the other.

Frank: I am too working on a similar project but the key difference in the papers is while I am focusing on the drones in particular you are looking at all the aspects of the automated construction. This will be interesting as it will provide a different viewpoint to the construction field. Looking forward to reading your paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.