I thought this was a very interesting course to take. As much as we are encouraged to think about our future as college graduates, we don't always think about where the industry is going. I learned a lot about where the industry is headed regarding AI, improvements to BIM, and many other components. For example, my term project is focusing on virtual reality and augmented reality in construction. Both of those technologies are entering the construction industry really quickly and it can completely change how a building is designed and constructed. This class really helped me to think about future job possibilities and where the industry is going.
I think my favorite thing from the class was having guest speakers. It was really beneficial to have professionals speak on what their companies are doing in intelligent building design. It was also really nice to be able to make professional connections. It provided real life insights that most classes don't offer.
I also really liked that a lot of the class was self taught. It was interesting to supplement what was talked about in class with blog posts. It was nice to learn for ourselves as well as from our peers. I liked that there were a variety of topics. Many of the posts made me think outside the box. This is what I also really like about the final project. We were allowed to choose something that interested ourselves for an opportunity to learn something new for ourselves and from our peers.
Overall, I thought this was a really great class. It had a variety of different things to learn and it was a prep for the future more than just a few years. It gives us a head start in order to help lead the industry as it evolves.
Comments
Maria Raggousis - I agree that there were many aspects of this course that exposed me to things I otherwise wouldn't not have been exposed to. I know I hadn't really ever been exposed to thinking about sensors and I know I wouldn't have ever4 really had to program a database. This is really helpful to have this knowledge as I can now have conversations with people I normally wouldn't have been able to input anything on.
Chris Sager - I agree that this is a class that you get out what you put in, just as it says on blackboard. I know that since I chose to learn each week during the blog posts and put in a lot of effort in the assignments, I got a lot out of the course. I hope other students enjoyed it as much as I did.
Maissoun Ksara - I agree that I too learned a wide variety of skills that will benefit my future. I know I otherwise wouldn't have been exposed to learning how to program databases or really how to edit Revit families. The Revit project actually benefited another course this term and I'm sure that many other things will benefit my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.