Monday, March 6, 2017

Group E: Reflection of the Class

When I originally signed up for AE 410, I expected it to be more about digital design and a focus on the programs like Revit. I did not expect to be talking about artificial intelligence or robots being used in construction, I had no idea that was being incorporated in the construction industry already. Being a Pre-Junior, I have not had much experience with these programs to start with, and after discovering what the class was actually about, I was worried I would not be able to understand the topics with my lack of experience. However, I was so interested in the topics that we have covered, I enjoyed learning about them and was glad that the class was altered based upon levels.
Taking this class was the best decision, as it has altered my view of my field greatly and changed the path I want to take. I still have to decide my concentration, and I’m glad I was able to take this course beforehand. It had shown me the different possibilities within my field and the many different directions I can take. This class has introduced me to new ideas about my future, and has me thinking about what I want to do in the future. I greatly enjoyed the database project, and I can see myself following a path that includes databases and artificial intelligence, which before this term I did not even know was possible in my field.
I thoroughly enjoyed taking the Intelligent Buildings course, Dr. Mitchell is a wonderful and I will miss having him as a teacher. I have learned a lot more than expected during this course and it has been a class I actually look forward to. Overalll this course has been one of the most useful classes I have taken so far with respects to my career.

COMMENTS:
Hayley Seldon: This also has been the only course that I’ve taken that relates to digital building. I’m so glad I decided to take this class, as I have learned so much and I feel like I have a step up over my peers as I know how the digital building is connected to the other parts of the industry and can make connections that they might not know are related. https://ae-410-510-ay16-17.blogspot.com/2017/03/selden-b6-course-reflection.html?showComment=1488853156533#c1203713663769843946
David Sanchez: I also learned a lot more than I expected during this class. When reading the course description, considering I had no experience with digital buildings, I expected it to be focused on revit and digital designing programs. But I found I was completely wrong, and have enjoyed this class even more than I expected. https://ae-410-510-ay16-17.blogspot.com/2017/03/introduction-last-october-i-was.html?showComment=1488853606590#c413557217024952988


1 comment:

  1. Rachel, reading your post makes me consider how valuable this course can be to students who haven't chosen a concentration yet. As a student in the structural concentration, I was looking for specifics about how the technologies discussed in the course are actually implemented in practice, alongside current methods of design. However, your comment about how this is essentially the only course related to the digital building concentration that can be taken before one decided on their concentration makes me realize that this course could provide incredible value to those interested in pursuing the digital building concentration.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.