Sunday, March 12, 2017

B7 - Group A - Ronald Herazo

B7 – Ronald Herazo

Course Reflection

Dr. Mitchell did a great job teaching this class. I believe this class was very interesting because it talked about everything you need to know nowadays. I liked the way Dr. Mitchell taught this class. He basically touched every important point that an engineer needs to know. As students, it is important to listen and take notes from professionals that have a lot of years working as engineers (some of them with companies) because it helps us visualize how the industry is going to be projected in a few years from now. The guest lectures were truly helpful in many different aspects. Some of them highlighted the changes the industry is experiencing.

Personally, I had no idea on how sensors work before this class. However, Dr. Mitchell explained this topic very well. Also, Dr. Mitchell highlighted how you, as an engineer, can design a database able to control and simulate anything you want. I have no words to describe how amazing was working on my database, and I would have loved to work more with Access because I know that at some point of my career I will be using databases. Throughout my life in Drexel, I did not have the chance to work with Revit the way I worked on this class. It was my first time using families within Revit. After working with this software, I realized that Revit can be used for many other things such as designing foundations or structural members. I thought Revit was only useful for architects, but it seems that I was wrong. However, I would have loved to have another project involving Revit as well as Access. For the past two weeks, I have been thinking on how would have been designing a 3-story building with x number of rooms in Revit, and at the same time implementing sensors using Access. I think this would have been a perfect team project because it uses every that Dr. Mitchell taught in this class.

Having weekly-post was very exciting because it helped me understand and discover new things. As a student, I always try to learn new stuff and I believe reading other people’s posts help you educate yourself a little bit more. Overall, I am glad to have been taken this class and learned so much from it.

Brandon,

I am sure that you really loved working on your personal project. Who doesn’t love working on Revit!! Let me tell you something, Revit is a powerful engineering tool that has a lot of functionalities. I would have loved working with Revit in my personal project as well, but I wanted to know more about robots and how they can be used in construction. However, the way you have done your project was very smart. I also liked the lecture from week 4. There are many things that we do not know yet and I guess the topic from this lecture was one of them.

Prahlad,

The way you described this course was very nice. I also think that this class was very interesting because it was one of the few classes at Drexel that explored the current and future states of the industry. I do not think that splitting this class into two classes would have been better because one of the most interesting part of this class was the guest lectures. Remember, these lectures were usually after 5:00 PM. However, I do think that Dr. Mitchell needs to provide 10 to 15 minute break.

Sager,

I liked the way you went through the class. I also think that this class had a lot of great topics, and Dr. Mitchell really did a good job explaining everything in detail. Throughout this term, we absorbed a huge amount of information in this course. One of the activities I liked was the weekly posts because I was able to discover new things from my classmates and my assigned topic. There were good topics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.